Todd Family Blog

Welcome! Read below for our latest news and pictures.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Meagan Goes to Florida

So, I (Meagan, as opposed to Brad who actually never authors these posts), just returned from singing a recital on a concert series in Florida with my Mom. It is great fun whenever we get to sing together, and it went really well! I am quite mad at myself for not taking more pictures while I was there, but I did get a couple. My favorite part of my Florida visits is eating at our favorite spots and then bragging about it to Brad! As you will see, I started off my trip at Cracker Barrel, which we lack out here in SD. Along with lots of other good food, we had a lovely day shopping in St. Augustine, which is near where Mom and Dad live. If you've never been there, I highly recommend it for a fun vacation. It's America's oldest continuous city and has a small, European feel with many great shops and restaurants.

Meanwhile, Brad had a great "guy" weekend. He rented movies he knew I wouldn't want to watch (Transformers anyone?), ate late-night Papa John's and even went to an SDSU football game. He almost left at half-time, but then SDSU rallied from being down 21-0 to beat Wyoming. Not bad for a $5 ticket.

Looking ahead, Brad and I are extremely excited for this weekend. Our friends Chad, Kate, Mike, Mary, Nate and my sister Jenny are all coming out for the Chargers/Colts game. We managed to get a handful of single seats in the sold-out Qualcom stadium. It promises to be quite the party! Definitely stay tuned for pictures of that event.

And as for the Colts game this past Sunday (Ugh! I forgot how it feels to lose!), I can only refer you to our good friend Tyler Smith's blog. I couldn't sum it up any better. Visit: http://theyellowshirt.blogspot.com/
He also happens to be an excellent writer. Below I have a couple pictures describing how we root the Colts on out here in CA.

After arriving in Florida at 6:30 a.m. (3:30 a.m. CA time!) we headed straight to Cracker Barrel for provisions.


While I didn't manage to take pictures of our other outings, I did manage a couple of my cat Gershwin, who has been my parents' cat for about five years now. (Brad is VERY allergic.) Gershwin is extremely happy in his Florida home and constantly rolls over to show me his massive, white belly. (He's lost a bit of weight though - down to 17.5 from 20 lbs.)



When the Colts aren't on TV or in town, we like to go to JT's Pub to watch the games. Not only is it a nice place to catch the game, but also the people watching is priceless.

No comments: