Todd Family Blog

Welcome! Read below for our latest news and pictures.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fun around Indy

The rest of our week has been full of fun. On Thursday I got to have a nice, long lunch with Polly and Baby Oliver at a new, very quirky restaurant called Zest. I can't wait to go back and try more of their food. And lunches with Polly and Oliver might need to be a regular event. He's such a good baby! Just sits and looks at everyone, taking in everything, and then falls asleep for a nap. Such a sweetie. And it was so lovely to get to talk one on one with Polly. As much as we love having the husbands around, girl time is a necessity.

Miriam invited Brad and me to join a group of her friends for "Welly Night" on Friday. We all met at The Wellington, a cute little English Pub-style bar in one of my favorite Indy neighborhoods, Broad Ripple. This is an every-other-week ritual for this group of friends. I think it's a great idea. Everyone was so nice and funny. We had a lot of fun telling "embarassing moment" stories and laughing until we cried. We should write a book. Everyone had some really unbelievable stories to reveal. Brad and I are looking forward to becoming better friends with everyone and being "Welly" regulars.

Today, Saturday, Miriam and I had a great lunch at a chi-chi restaurant called Meridian. Then we went to IRT and saw probably the best play I've ever seen, Looking Over the President's Shoulder. I've always been impressed with IRT productions, and this was truly exceptional. It is a one-man show based on the true story of a man who was head butler of the White House for 21 years. He served under Hoover, FDR, Truman and Eisenhower. It was about 90 minutes long and the actor was unbelievable. If you ever get a chance to see it, I would highly, highly recommend it. And for those of you who live in Indy - go! You won't be sorry, especially if you love history.

Just a few visual aids. I wish I had taken pictures at lunch with Polly and also at Welly night, but there will be other opportunities, I'm sure!

Driving home from lunch with Polly (after I stopped at my favorite new dessert spot, The Flying Cupcake - Oh my, the Red Velvet Elvis is SO good!) I spotted this house. I turned around to take a picture. I mean, there it is in the urban, renovated houses of Broad Ripple in all its glory. I'm a Colts fan and all, but this is some serious devotion.


If you know this man, tell him that Miriam and I love his handlebar mustache! We were eating our lunch today at Meridian and saw him out the window. I used the zoom on my camera to sneak a picture. Amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a mustache like that, save in period films. Fabulous. (Click on the pic for a larger view.)


After the play today Miriam and I spied this chair in the mall. It was crying out for us to sit in it.


No comments: